Getting engaged is most probably the most exciting time in two people’s lives, so relishing and celebrating the moment is expected and very understandable. However, once you get hold of your senses, it is essential that you start taking the necessary steps that will make your big day a success.
- Pick 2 to 3 possible dates – To be on the safe side, you and your fiancé can choose two to three possible wedding dates that both of you feel comfortable with. You can have your top pick and let the rest serve as backups incase anything changes before the actual day.
- Set a viable budget – Even though discussing the topic of money with your fiancé can be challenging, it is important that you create a viable budget for before, during, and after the big day. Once you have an estimate, you can look for possible sources of revenue or individuals who can contribute to your wedding.
- Start working in your guest list – Contrary to what some couples may think, making a guest list is no easy task. It takes a lot of thought and careful preparation if you don’t wish to leave anyone who is close to you out. Things can even get tougher once you post your engagement on social media where everyone can see it. So the sooner you start sorting things out, the better it will be for you.
- Make a decision on the kind of wedding you want – It is essential that you pick or rather settle on a particular wedding style so that the necessary preparations can start being made. It could be that you prefer a modern, vintage, punk, eclectic, rustic, or classy wedding style. However, regardless of your choice; the most important thing is that you make one at the end of the day. This decision will also make picking a venue for your wedding ceremony much easier.
- Choose a venue or possible venues – Once you have dealt with all the other matters mentioned above, the next phase would be to pick a venue for your wedding ceremony and at least one or two backups in case things go sideways. You should start researching on your preferred choices as soon as possible and make the necessary calls to see whether or not the places are available. You could also send an email asking for more information about the venue and what the requirements are if you want to reserve it.
Traveloni is Here to Help
Call (800) 510-5642 and let Traveloni Weddings plan your destination wedding or dream honeymoon. Trust in our travel and wedding professionals. Let us handle the travel details so you can relax and enjoy!