Couples love to start their happily-ever-after with a packed suitcase and boarding pass to a land far, far away. Destination weddings are a great way to celebrate the beginning of a new life together and to satisfy wanderlust in one go. Besides, is there really a better way to establish your first days as newlyweds than waking up somewhere across the world without a care in the world? We think not. Here’s a list of the hottest destination wedding locations for 2019.
- Greece – No, this isn’t a scene straight out of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Instead, think gorgeous beachside locations, stunning scenery and sunsets with no parallel. The Greek Islands are the perfect backdrop for couples looking to tie the knot. Not to mention, this destination is also a photographer’s dream with beautiful blue roofs, cliffside views and culinary delights.
- Australia – Head off to the Land Down Under to kick off your marriage with a bang. Sydney, the Gold Coast and Hayman Island are all popular Australian destination wedding choices. Guests can expect the extraordinary with unique nature and animal encounters, world-class beaches, beautiful coral reefs and great nightlife. Some hotels even offer exclusive deals for destination wedding parties.
- Las Vegas – Not your average ceremony with reception to follow, Vegas is where couples go to live life on the wild side. In fact, more than 80,000 couples get married in Las Vegas each year. For an experience guests are sure to remember, travelers can choose to wed at one of the many chapels that line the Strip, complete with an Elvis impersonator. Or, for something a little more glamorous, couples can arrange a ceremony at one of the many casino resorts for poolside, rooftop and ballroom options.
- Iceland – Put down the flip-flops and say hello to Iceland’s exotic black-sand beaches, towering volcanoes and ancient glaciers. Adventurous couples around the world are choosing Iceland for its straightforward wedding requirements and convenient location between North America and Europe. In addition to Iceland’s exciting natural formations, cute wooden churches make for lovely photography backdrops and the northern lights are an experience all their own.
- Jamaica – Beautiful resorts, honey-colored beaches and the faint sound of reggae music in the background, it’s no surprise Jamaica is a popular destination wedding location. Couples can opt for ready-made resort wedding packages or rent a private Jamaican villa for a customizable experience. One thing’s for sure, no one will have trouble relaxing at this destination wedding hotspot.
- Tuscany – Destination wedding travelers just can’t get enough of Tuscany. Great wine, glorious gastronomic experiences and beautiful scenery, foodies everywhere are flocking to this Italian oasis. Distinguished medieval towns and rolling fields make for the perfect place for a ceremony with charm and elegance.
- Germany – Whether the couple-to-be loves rustic nature scenes and small towns or historic sites and large cities, Germany has more to offer than lederhosen and bratwurst. Nature lovers can seek a venue nestled within the Bavarian Alps for an experience that feels straight out of a fairytale. Speaking of fairytales, Germany is home to a variety of palaces and castles, some of which can be rented out special events such as the Schwetzingen Palace and Gardens near Heidelberg.
- Hawaii – People around the world are taking notes from celebrities, such as Arie Luyendyk and Lauren Burnham from The Bachelor, and choosing to the ever-lovely Hawaii as the perfect destination to tie the knot. Aside from the obvious draw of being drop-dead gorgeous, Hawaii makes for a great wedding location thanks to traditionally good weather, endless opportunities for amazing photos and tons of fun things for guests to check out during their stay. While each Hawaiian island has something special to offer, the most popular choices for destination weddings are Maui and Kauai.
- New Zealand – Calling all Lord of the Rings fans, did you know couples can say “I do” in the shire itself? Not into fantasy? That’s ok, New Zealand is still a fantastic destination for beautiful hillsides, dramatic mountainscapes and quaint little towns. Wedding parties can shake off pre-ceremony jitters with world-class wine from local wineries while enjoying services from one of the many luxury spas in the area.
- Morocco – A vibrant paradise in the middle of the desert, Morocco is the perfect place for an exotic destination wedding experience. Think bohemian wedding dresses, henna, lush flowers and wild entertainment, like fire performers and rides via camelback. Morocco has plenty of wedding venues for travelers to choose from including palaces, historic courtyards and even a beach.
Traveloni Weddings is Here to Help
Call (800) 510-5642 and let Traveloni Weddings plan your destination Wedding or dream Honeymoon or Vow Renewal. Trust in our travel and wedding professionals. Let us handle the travel details so you can relax and enjoy!